How We Brew Our Beer
Since we only make five-gallon batches, everything can be done in the kitchen. Originally we started out using kits but eventually moved on to creating our own recipes.
- Heat one gallon of water. Add muslin bag with assorted grains. Let steep.
- Sparge (or rinse) grains with 1.5 gallons of hot water.
- Boil then add malt extract.
- Boil then add bittering hops.
- Add finishing hops, spices, etc.
- Cool pot down in tub of cold water then add aroma hops.
- Add 2.5 gallons of cold water to a bucket fermenter. Strain the wort into it. Let cool.
- Aerate throughly and add yeast.
- Let ferment for 7 - 10 days then either bottle or syphon into a kegerator.
Sparging the grains
Adding malt extract
Enjoying one of our previous beers while the next one simmers
Pouring the wort into a bucket fermenter